Straight out of Tech Conference in Fargo this week, thanks to Dave Musgrave http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2011/03/04/microsoft-dynamics-gp-technical-conference-2011-day-1-morning.aspx, I came across this graphic that lists some of the exciting new features coming out with Dynamics GP 2010 R2:
- Field Service Series customers should be looking forward to some of the FSS enhancements on deck:
- The Contract Line Hold feature is well overdue. I've had several clients that need this functionality.
- Tech Stock Replenishment will be a much welcomed addition. I'm actively working on a project where we are having to work around this.
- Contract Transfer Approval Workflow is something else our Contract Admin clients have been asking for. It's as though Microsoft is reading my mind.
- The Reporting and BI enhancements for Dynamics GP seem endless:
- More Excel Report functionality; Bulk Deployment, Group Excel Reports, Multi-Company Support, and Default Column Ordering will be great enhancements.
- MORE Analytical SSRS Reports and Metrics. I'm not sure any of us can get enough of those!
- New Business Analyzer! Mariano touches on that in his coverage of the conference here http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2011/03/microsoft-dynamics-gp-technical_02.html.
- MORE Word Templates; SOP Returns and Word Template Generator. I was skeptical of the Word Templates after first seeing them at Tech Conference 2010 but I have to admit they're growing on me.
There are several other great features and enhancements to Extender, Deployment and Migration Tools, and Email Support among others. It's always good to see that Microsoft continues to invest in what is already such a fantastic product. Well done.
This blog has been relocated from http://mbsguru.blogspot.com/ with authorization.